Saturday, June 14, 2014

And Now... A Survey!

Hi again, all. I've been trying desperately to keep the reviews coming on a regular basis, however due to my slow reading and lack of new books that I care enough about to finish, I must admit that, on book reviews alone, I cannot post as much as I would like. And so today, I've decided to mix up my routine.
For a while now I have been wondering when I should release a review of my personal favourite book. However, I don't think that the moment is quite right. And so in the meantime, to set the mood, I present you with a survey; which book do you believe is the best book of all time?
Survey Rules
As there are an estimated 129 million different published books out there (according to Google in 2010), I obviously cannot make a "proper" survey on blogger, as it would take me a rather long time to write down all those titles for you to choose from. Instead you, the reader, will comment on this post (or any other post), what book you think deserves the top spot.
Now, I know that a lot of you will not be sure exactly what your favourite book is. Therefore, I will except up to three choices. You can rank these as your favourite, second favourite and third favourite, but all books mentioned will only get one tally regardless of there rank.
For this survey, I will rank the best books in the world- not the best series.
As for how long his survey will run for, I honestly couldn't say. It could be a month, it could be a year, or it could never end, with periodic updates on the rankings. Or, alternatively, it could be the first book to receive a certain amount of votes.  (Tell me when/how you think it should be decided in the comments below!)
No matter how the winner is decided, I'll be interested to see how this survey plays out (especially to see if my personal favourite does well). I'm sure that it will be a close contest, with many good books put forth. Until that time, however, I give you a sincere thank you for reading. See you next time.

-Mark Jones

3 comments:

  1. This is so hard to decide! But today I would have to say:
    1. The Book Thief tied with Equus (which is actually a play, but I have to mention it because it's amazing)
    2. I Want to Go Home
    3. To Kill a Mockingbird
    I feel awful leaving out some of my favourite books, but this is how I feel this morning.
    One more thing: I love your blog! I started reading to be polite, but then I couldn't stop reading and read over half in one sitting. Very well written, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choices! At least, the two you mentioned that I've read definitely are. :) I haven't read "To Kill a Mockingbird" yet, but I definitely plan to in the near future.
      For the moment, I'm going to continue to keep my favourite books a secret, but I will say that one of your top three books is also in my top three! We have a leader in the contest!

      Delete
  2. Alright chaps, it's officially time for my top three books, now that I've written about all of them. They are;
    1. The Little Prince/Le Petit Prince
    2. I Want To Go Home
    3. The Book Of Awesome
    For those of you keeping track, that means that I Want To Go Home is in the lead, with the book thief, Equus, Le Petit Prince and The Book Of Awesome all tied for second.

    ReplyDelete